This may be the first time you have had to find care and support for yourself and it can be confusing and difficult to know where to start.
The choices can seem overwhelming and it can be hard to tell from first impressions just how good the provider will really be. How do you tell the excellent from the poor? What questions should you ask?
This is where we can help you.
We can help you find:
- Domiciliary Care – carers to come into your home to support you. This may include nursing care.
- Live-In Care – if you have more care needs but wish to remain in your own home.
- Assisted Living – your own home in a complex for older people with care on site as and when you need it.
- Residential Care – your own room in a home that will offer care and support 24 hours a day
- Nursing care – if you have more complex medical needs that require you to have nurse available at all times
- Convalescent care – if you need support to recover after a planned operation or short-term illness
- Respite care – a short time in residential care when you or your carers needs a break
How we support you
Everything we do is centered around you. We want you to feel confident that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
We will get to know you, your likes and dislikes, your needs, hopes and concerns. We will explore with you what you are hoping for the future and help you to plan your care to enable you to live as full a life as possible.
What we offer
We can provide as much or as little support as you require. We have Support Packages available see here or can tailor-make a service just for you with our hourly rates.
Our services can include:
- An initial consultation to understand you and what you are looking for.
- Investigating your options based on your requirements and presenting you with a shortlist of suitable providers.
- Sitting in with you when you interview providers who offer care in your own home (domiciliary care).
- Helping you to source other support e.g. physiotherapists, chiropodists or tradesmen.
- Visiting care homes on your behalf and providing you with a comprehensive report on our findings.
- Taking you to visit a care home you are interested in so that you can find out if it feels right for you.
- Helping you to manage the sale of your property and distribution of the contents of your home and move into your chosen care home.